The APAC security project engineer is responsible for providing project and program management for all aspects of APAC security projects and programs. The primary focus of the role will be in managing the deployment of technology driven physical security solutions such as access control, CCTV and intrusion detection. The role will also have responsibility for the coordination of the ITDE security technology group’s efforts with IT, Facilities and other departments to deliver innovative hardware and software solutions to drive improvements to the global security operation. In addition to delivering on project and program work the project engineer will on occasion need to perform business analysis in order to deliver security requirements for new and upgraded solutions. A subset of the business analysis effort will also require the role to deliver requirements, recommendations for process and system improvements. Some travel within region may be required.
Domestic and Select International Electronic Security Project Management
• Manage projects to deliver security solutions using internal and external resources.
• Support global facilities projects for new, relocating and tenant improvement projects requiring security system enhancements.
• Support local office management by gathering requirements and delivering security system enhancement recommendations.
• Ensure compliance with security standards for project delivery.
• Track and present a project summary of project status for all project work.
• As project manager prepare project initiation documents for approval to include – time, cost and scope estimates.
• Develop and track project schedules and budgets to ensure work is delivered on time, within budget and meets business requirements.
• Work closely with customers and partners to insure good communication throughout the project.
• Identify and present project risks and issues – manage, resolve or escalate when appropriate.
• Meets with physical security customers to gather and document requirements.
• Participate in process improvement activities to identify inefficiencies and make recommendations for enhancing and streamlining processes.
• Collect and document requirements from business stakeholders, security group or other project initiators.
• Testing as a part of system upgrades, enhancements, and rollouts.
Physical Security Project Standardization and Program Management
• Manage the development of a standardized program for the implementation and maintenance of PACS, CCTV and other physical security systems.
• Review current processes and implement a standard for project management methodology.
• Train, instruct and enforce program management standards as necessary.
• Knowledge on Physical security terminology and operations
• Basic financial understanding with experience in meeting budgetary commitments
• General understanding of technology industry operations and corporate business functions
• Basic project management principles
• Architectural and Construction industry methods and practices
• Use of project management tools such as Jira, Asana, Microsoft Projects and/or HP PPM
• Broad understanding of Physical Access Control Systems (PACS), CCTV and Intrusion systems.
• Basic knowledge of networks, IT infrastructure (servers, workstations and hardware) and software components (applications and databases)
• Proficiency in prioritizing tasks and balancing workloads to meet project objectives
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making capabilities
• Comfortable dealing with personnel at all levels
• Excellent written, verbal and listening abilities
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to maintain awareness of and seek to meet the needs and wants of the customer without being prompted.
Interested candidates may send your updated resume indicating reasons for leaving, last drawn salary, expected salary and date of availability to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for your interest and regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.