Purpose of role:
The fundamental purpose of the Sales Administrative Assistant role is carrying out a variety of sales administrative and accounting tasks to assist the Sales department specifically with minor works and service quotes.
Main duties and responsibilities：
Core objectives include:
• Create invoices for all minor works projects and ensure invoicing is done in a timely manner (to be reviewed monthly).
• Follow up on overdue opportunities with the sales team and ensure accurate records are maintained in iQuote
• Provide a professional first point of contact for all service quotes and work with HOS to allocate work to appropriate salesperson.
• Follow up and ensure all service quotes are completed within the allocated time.
• Preparation of service quotes as needed during times salesperson is unavailable.
• Undertake various administrative tasks to support the general operations of Sales, such as preparing sales reports, monitoring status of client opportunities, monitoring tender opportunities, monitoring service quotes, etc.
• Maintain functionality and presentation of the Customer experience centre.
• Identify opportunities for improvement within the administration of the Sales department and report as appropriate.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
Other duties: Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
• General Book keeping skills and administrative training (preferably within a Sales department).
• Prior experience in an administrative role or in an Accounts role.
• Invoicing experience.
• Basic quote experience
Skills & competencies
• Computers and Software; sound level of computer literacy and a practical working knowledge of a variety common office software applications such as MS Office and web browser-based applications.
• Safety: the ability to work safely so as not to cause or risk harm to oneself or others.
• Communication Skills: ability to communicate effectively with clients and work colleagues, both verbally and in writing,
• Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and to work effectively with team members.
• Time management / organization: accomplish objectives effectively within the time frame given and carry out the associated administrative tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
• Commercial awareness.
• Professional approach.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Confident manner.
• Communication skills
• Positive approach to change.