The fundamental purpose of the Business Development role is to identify, develop and diversify new business opportunities and to manage existing client relations focused but not limited to the State of Victoria.
Core objectives include:
- Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings;
- Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives;
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities;
- Increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones;
- Finding and developing new markets and improving sales;
- Attending conferences, sales/client meetings, and industry events;
- Build and maintain relationships with Security Consultants;
- Maintain company databases and CRM information in accordance with company guidelines;
- Collaborate with all internal departments to facilitate customer need fulfilment;
- Receive and pre-qualify RFTs, RFQs and EOIs and determine if they align with business objectives;
- Prepare, compile, price and submit accurate proposals, quotations and tenders in accordance with company standards;
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors;
- Follow up on outstanding quotations and maintain accurate records of details;
- Negotiate and close sales and achieve budgets;
- Prepare sales to projects handover packages; and
- Promote the Convergint Values and Beliefs.
The above list is not exhaustive and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
- Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field (or have sufficient industry experience);
- Experience in sales, marketing or related field;
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency;
- Ability to support projects team and multi-task;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Strong industry Networking skills
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking skills
- Ability to motivate people
- Management and leadership skills
- Analytical thinking
- Business awareness
- Strategic thinking
- Positive approach to change
- Professional approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Class 2 Security License – Victoria, WHS White Card, Working with Children Check. Qualifications in Business Development, Economics or Finance and Marketing.
- Significant experience as a Business Development Manager, managing all aspects of security and CCTV system solutions selling within the electronic security industry.
Skills & competencies
- Computers and Software; sound level of computer literacy and a practical working knowledge of a variety of common office software applications such as MS Office, Simpro and Netsuite Business Information System.
- Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face to face.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given, and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.