A famous US-based institute of higher education plans to build a new campus in Kunshan, Jiangsu province. This new project is the latest in a series of high profile ventures by Europe and US-based universities to establish a local presence in Mainland China, including The University of Nottingham’s Ningbo based campus in Suzhou and the joint venture between The University of Liverpool and Xian Communications University. The new campus shall cover an area of 1200 acres, and shall include a research and development centre, laboratories and incubation areas, as well as a 252 room hotel to accommodate guests.
The campus shall comprise colleges for business, medicine, engineering, law, public policy and environmental and global studies, with further schools and to be added in the future. The campus shall offer courses to undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate students, and shall act as a hub for research in the fields of electronic finance, biological science and environmental protection among others. The campus shall offer places for up to 6000 students.
Why was ICD chosen?
The university and local government were aware that designing and implementing an effective security system able to serve the distinct and highly sensitive security requirements of the campus was only achievable with the help and expertise of an experienced and trustworthy systems integrator. ICD was chosen as the university’s security consultant and design service provider on the basis of our reputation for professionalism and rich experience in project implementation. Since then, ICD has helped the university to draw up security standards, design systems, recommend suitable products, design standardized security project documentation and provide a range of other value-creating security services.
ICD’s strategy of providing security solutions as part of a global account service means that we are highly familiar with international security standards as well as local safety regulations and standards. We have therefore been able to adapt the security practices of the university to local conditions and provide a completely integrated, fully localized security solution for the client. What is more, ICD’s thorough understanding of security product lines allows us to offer valuable advice on how to design effective security systems. Our advice has helped the client to avoid numerous operational issues and has facilitated the design of a system that fully reflected the practical challenges of the project
Location: Kunshan, China
- Comprehensive design consulting requirements for China branch of leading US university
- Project is a ground breaking joint venture between 2 universities based in the US and in China
- Campus shall accommodate up to 6000 students
- Understand and assess the global security standards and requirements of the client
- Formulate system design layout
- Coordinate between project team and participating vendors
- Gather and organize detailed requirements
- Produce initial security design concepts
- Produce cabling laying requirements and cabling diagrams
- System Diagram Design
- Security Management Center Design
- Project RFP an RFP process design
- Project Execution Management
- Represent the client to complete project handover